Friday, March 7, 2014

10 days after

March 7th, Friday. Just heard from Dr.Berke who has been great about emailing me about my cough and possible reflux to continue to treat. It is a loose nagging cough that tends to keep me awake. Probably not so much to do with the surgery but with allergies or reflux which I am used to. Now very breathy cough that feels like my throat is just being tickled by air flowing though. My great accupuncturist suggested breathing through nose so not as much irritation passing by. That seems to help as does massages of neck and shoulders. Anything to relax!............

That leads me to say maybe again that one of the most amazing parts of all this is the online support from friends and those who have been here ahead of me, 350 of you out there somewher; and a few coming along behind me, one next Monday! It is a facebook Spasmodic Dysphonia group that is so helpful. Another deals with cures and treatments. Folk nswer all questions and anticipates some. Thank you all!..............

Did I mention a helpful part of this? I have lost over 15 pounds and am at the best weight for me since HS> Oh, these limited diets and not wanting to put too much in. Only thing now I can't have is thin liquids which must be mixed with thicket as explained above.So I can see those pounds coming back on. Must resist! ................

Today on line came the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Monthly magazine you can google. It highlights the journey and surgery of the Creator of Dilbert. His voice came back in full 3 1/2 months after the surgery. So here's hoping. Being older, I may have to wait longer. Today it is whispery, quiet but clear. Will try to make voice recordings soon to include here if can figure it out. So stay tuned. suggestions welcome................

Today had second set of visitors, both neighbors. It's so good to have a nice quiet place to recoup! First outing is set for Sunday if I am up to it: church and good Jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment