Monday, March 10, 2014

2 weeks ago tomorrow - 14 days out

Hard to believe surgery was 2 weeks ago tomorrow! Much of that has been a blur and hard to believe. Still coughing but sleeping better, 12 hours Sat night. Still phlemn causing irritation. Bandages are off and neck looks a bit swollen but fine. Scar minimal and no stiches. Will try to post pictures of my neck and this adventure. Does anyone know how? How long does the swelling last? ...................................... .......

My first outing was yesterday when went to Concord Capital Center for the Arts to usher for a great Big Band concert of Ella Fitzgerald music. Mellow and wonderful and I could just listen. Tonight out again to Laconia for a book discussion and dining with our Meditation group. That may be more challenging as I really can't be heard in public. Only face to face, one on one at this time. But that is progress too. And I took a phone call today and I guess I could be heard. They stayed on the line and listened. Very breathy as after Botox. And it is hard to get a breath...........................................

The most remarkable thing to me again is the complete lack of Pain or soreness or the need for Pain Meds. Only took them to help sleep. Now finished with full regemin of meds. Only issue this weekend was anticipated constipation and a suppository helped. Sorry about the details but be prepared if you are next! So far so good, and it should get gradually better, inshallah!

No comments:

Post a Comment